Followers

Friday, January 4, 2008

Friday Post

When I started this blog, I had no idea exactly what it would be like in the blogosphere. Now almost a year later, my blogger friends were praying for my family member. That is a beautiful thing. Thank you all for your prayers.
My aunt is still in the recovery room, and said to be doing well. Just one concern about her blood pressure, but they are keeping a close eye. I hope to see her tomorrow.
I went to my Feldenkrais lesson the other day. I am moving much better and in turn feeling better in general. My instructor had on her MBT shoes and had me try them on. Wow, they did feel good and it was weird the way you can rock back and forth on them. She said a few of her clients have them and they are all raving about them and how they don't suffer from leg and knee pain any longer. MBT = Masai Barefoot Technology. The shoes are supposed to improve your posture and actually work your muscles and take some of the stress off of your joints. She was highly recommending them to me. I am going to look into them. I know they are very expensive, but if they help that much, then they are worth it!

7 comments:

Moohaa said...

I'm glad to hear your aunt is doing better. I'm also glad to count you as a blog friend!

Those shoes sound pretty interesting. I hope they help you.

Take care!

mosiacmind said...

I wonder if those mbt shoes would help me walk better. I think that I am going to try to see what stores around heres sell them and how much they are. I am glad that your aunt is better.

Patty said...

Have not heard of either the class you are taking or about the shoes. Expound please. Would the shoes work for old people with decrease sensation in their legs and feet? I guess I could research on the web. Right? I am so lay-z!

P.S.
I adore your animal pics on the side bar. Your pup looks almost as depressed as mine does.

Lena said...

As far as the shoes go. I didn't buy them yet. I am just going on what I heard from my teacher, what she has heard from her clients, and my own research.

I will check with my Dr. first just to see what he knows about them, and would always suggest that people do the same.

I know they are very expensive and sometimes a Dr. can write a prescription for them (if he sees fit) so insurance will cover the cost.

I always like to look into new things that might be helpful and pass on any information I find out about. So many people suffer from leg, back, and knee pain.

Feldenkrais is an educational system centered on movement of the body aiming to expand and refine the use of the self through awareness. It helps to reduce pain and limitations in body movement.

I has been very helpful to me.

Cheryl said...

The blogsphere is an amazing place indeed!

Patty said...

Thanks for the info Lena,

Do you think it would help with Fibromyalgia?

Lena said...

I am still new at this, so I would hesitate to answer with authority, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

The best thing to do is see if you can find a certified Feldenkrais teacher in your area and give a call to ask if you are interested.