Followers

Friday, March 14, 2008

Busy day

Yesterday was a very busy and emotionally draining day. As I got out of the shower in the early morning, my phone was ringing. It was my mom. She had been up all night and she was crying because of severe eye pain and feeling very sick. I needed to get her to her eye doctor.


I flew up to her home which is about 20 minutes away. To make a long story short, we got her to the doctor and he said that her eye pressure had sky rocketed which caused her to feel so sick and have the intense pain in her eyes and head. The doctor needed to lower the pressure in her eyes by giving her eye drops as well as draining them. We were there for quite awhile because he needed to do the draining procedure twice, and it took her quite a while to feel better. The doctor was very concerned about her because he did not want her to have another bad night, so he asked me to bring her back later in the afternoon to be sure that her pressure was not going up.


So I took her back home and put her to bed and waited there until it was time to take her back to the doctor. Fortunately, she was doing much better by the afternoon!


She sure has had her share of complications with this procedure!


I was able to get to work around 3:00 P.M. and stay long enough to take care of all the messages that piled up during the day, so that was good.


Around midnight we were sound asleep and the phone rang. My head flew off that pillow because I thought it was my mom calling and I was frantic when I answered the phone. But it wasn't my mom, it was my mother in law. My FIL was being rushed to the hospital from the nursing home because of a problem.


The husband had to run up to get his mother and get to the hospital to be with him. He didn't arrive back home until 4:00 A.M.


Two emergencies in one day is a bit much!


As for today, FIL back in the nursing home, things all taken care of. My mom had a good day today and is feeling much better aside from a very sore eye.








7 comments:

Andrew said...

Whew! Busy Evening! I am so glad everyone is okay, though. Nothing is scarier than when you are feeling badly and unable to take yourself to the doctor. Many times I've had to call my parents for help when feeling mentally terrible. Family, like yours, is a Godsend at these times.

Cheryl said...

Two emergencies in one day is too much. I'm so glad that they worked out and hope today is quiet for all.

jAMiE said...

Wow, what a stressful day...glad everything worked out in the end. My mother had a similar thing happen to her when she had her eye done and so i sort of understand that.

Have a great week!

Forsythia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Forsythia said...

My first comment sounded like I was talking about me, but actually I was talking about you. I said, "I can relate. My mom is nearly 99." What I meant to say next was: "Your mother is fortunate to have such a loving daughter."

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lena said...

Thank you Forsythia, it is nice to hear you say that.