Followers

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

This and that

I left work early today to take my mom to the eye doctor. Seems that there is still a piece of the cataract in her eye and she will have to go back tomorrow for a quick laser treatment that should take care of the situation. We have a relative that will drive her tomorrow, as I need to take Friday morning off to take her and my dad to other Dr. appointments.


I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but I find myself feeling like I did when the kids were little and I had to juggle all their appointments between me and my husband. I called my sisters so that they can take care the appointments next week that our parents need to get to. At their ages, there are so many Dr. appointments...


I am feeling grateful that I have flexability at my job. They are really very understanding about family concerns and never give anyone problems for taking time to attend to family! I can go in later in the day and make up my time.


FIL is doing well with his rehab in the nursing home and may come home next week. This is amazing because only one month ago, the doctor said he would probably never go home again.


Last night the webcast for Tolle and Oprah's class on the New Earth was great. The webcast worked perfectly, and I found the discussions very mindstretching!


And for tonight... American Idol...doing Lennon/McCartney... who could ask for more?




4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm watching Idol. Isn't it great?

Lena said...

Yes, Idol very enjoyable tonight. I do believe they are the most talented bunch yet!

Moohaa said...

Sounds like you have a great job. That's pretty unusual nowadays.

*sniff* I miss watching Idol!

Forsythia said...

Sounds like you are a member of the sandwich generation. Same here. I am retired and probably will soon be a candidate for cataract surgery myself.

Right now we have three dogs and one cat in the house. Two of the dogs belong to our two daughters. They are here for doggie day care.

The older daughter has a five year old son. I pick him up from school every day. The younger daughter just had a son on Monday by Caesarean.

Next week the five-year-old is on spring break and the baby will be home from the hospital. The icing on this Krazy Kake is that the cat's owner (my 98-year-old mother) lives with us. Yesterday it looked like she was getting ready to die. This morning she is up, dressed, perfumed beyond belief, and ready to do our laundry.

I would just like to curl up today and watch Real Housewives of New York City, but duty calls.

Hang in there.