Followers

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Rain, rain, go away.

Gloomy day outside with rain, flooding, and high winds. It will be noisy out side tonight!

I started off my day by meeting two friends from my old job for breakfast. We try to get together once and awhile and stay in touch. We have known each other for about 20 years, which does not seem possible. So many funny memories of when we worked together and when ever we get together we just laugh and laugh. It always feels so good.

Later we were planning to go and see my FIL in the nursing home. My son and his girlfriend were going to come and bring the dog to cheer him up, but we found out there was a flu outbreak in the home and they were discouraging visitors. So we all hung around here talking and having coffee. My other son had a friend here from college, and it was nice to have a houseful of young people!

Later in the evening we took my son and his friend out to dinner.

Having my son home from college this week was so nice and turned out to be so helpful. My mom had laser eye surgery, but had complications, so he has been taking her back and forth to the doctor and taking her grocery shopping. It gave him some extra quality grandparent time, and helped me out a great deal.

Tomorrow morning we are driving him early to meet up with a friend that will give him a ride back to VT. But he will be home for Easter in 10 days!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sounds like it was a great day and you got to spend time with people you care about. Too bad you couldn't visit with your FIL.

It's crazy windy and cold here, after a rainy and foggy day. I hope we don't lose power tonight.

As you'd say, thank you and good night!

Moohaa said...

Sounds like you had some good visits. I'm glad your son's visit turned out to be a blessing for your mom. Is she doing better?

Easter is coming soon... weird how its so early this year!

Lena said...

Kelly,

No, mom not better. She will probably have to have more surgery on her eye. Seems they left some of the cateract in. So annoying!