Followers

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

500,000 Strong

500,000 people were on the Eckhart Tolle and Oprah live web cast on Monday night to discuss Tolle's book, A New Earth. Isn't that absolutely amazing? The Internet could not handle all that traffic and in my area the video/audio stalled and we were not able to view the web cast live after about 15 minutes.


Fortunately, the video was loaded on the Oprah website and we could view it the next day. I enjoyed watching it and listening to questions about the book from all the participants.

I was satisfied that in some areas my thinking from the past few years would be considered "awakened". But I know that while I am more conscious, I am not free.


Tolle talked about how hard it is once awakened to go forth and put into practice these new concepts in your day to day life around others who do not understand and may even make fun of you. Been there, done that. It was very difficult for me to put new concepts into practice and there were times, many times I am ashamed to say, that I just decided that I wanted to forget the things I learned and behave in my old ways. I kept negativity going, because everyone else was doing it. It did not serve me well. I am trying to forgive my self for that.






3 comments:

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

I didn't read this one - only because I've read dozens of similar books and I think I'm awake. In fact I feel too awake sometimes. I look around me and it seems like others just go through their days with little thought and I analyze and pay attention to everything! It's exhausting, but it gives me stuff to write about. Diane

Mike said...

I actually just started reading A New Earth a couple days ago. I think it is exciting that so many people are being exposed to these concepts.

How is the Course In Miracles going?

Lena said...

Mike,

Funny, I was going to recommend the book to you, glad you discovered it!

I guess I have been taking a break from the Course lately. I think I have been on over load lately. But I will return to it.

Thanks for asking!
Lena