Followers

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Eve

We went to see Nanci Griffith in concert tonight. I am not very familiar with most of her music, but have always enjoyed her song called, On the Radio, so I agreed to go with the husband to see her in person for the first time.


I was not disappointed as she sang the one song that I wanted to hear, and I enjoyed the rest of her repertoire as well. The genre is somewhere in between country and folk, but I would say she leans more towards country. She has a beautiful strong voice, a good band, and the house was packed. We hung around for a little while after the show, but it didn't look like she was coming out to give autographs, so we split.


We stopped by to visit my father in law in the convalescent home before the concert. He was looking much better! My mother in law was able to take him home for an outing this afternoon and he did very well. He may be discharged early this week.


Well, it is off to bed for me... after all the Easter bunny does not show up until everyone is asleep. Good night!




2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I haven't been to a concert in ages. In my 20's, I went to them all.

I hope you're able to enjoy your Easter after how hard you worked. Enjoy the time with your family. I'm glad to hear your father-in-law is doing better and can go home soon!

mosiacmind said...

I hope that you are having a good weekend with your family and have a blessed Easter