Followers

Saturday, March 22, 2008

It's the weekend

Oh grateful for the weekend.



There are many interesting and concerning changes happening at work right now. I don't blog about work issues for a variety of reasons. But I can say that it will be a bumpy the next few months at the work place and I don't know how that will affect me personally and professionally.


What I do know for sure is that I am trying very hard to stay in the now and be true to myself. I know there will have to be compromises made along the way, but I am only prepared to make the compromises that I can live with and not any that will eat me up on the inside. In saying that, I need to be ready to make some important decisions as things unfold. We will see what happens, if anything.


Yesterday was a nice day off. I went to have a manicure in the morning and then made the mistake of going to the grocery store around noon. It was mobbed with people like myself, who waited until the last minute to shop for Easter dinner. But I managed to get through the lanes quickly and a new register opened up as soon as I got up to the front so I got out of there in record time.


Last night we watched the DVD of Across the Universe. The woman who wrote this movie, also wrote the Lion King. I knew that a movie written around Beatle music just had to be good, and so it was. In fact the music was just phenomenal, like hearing some of the songs for the first time.



1 comment:

Mike said...

I wish you the best with dealing with work issues.

I haven't seen Across the Universe yet, but my brother was just describing it to me. He liked it too. Now I'm really looking forward to seeing it. I love the Beatles, so I anticipate that I'll enjoy this movie.

Hope you have a nice relaxing day!

Mike