Followers

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Day 13 appreciation challenge

1. Fresh sheets on the bed last night.

2. How much easier the new prep was for my colonoscopy than the one I had last year!

3. They took me in first for the procedure today because we got there early and the woman who was supposed to go first came in late.

4. A nurse I had today by the name of Cheryl.  First for her skill in getting my I.V. in after the other nurse failed.Second, when she was wheeling me into the procedure she said she wished me luck and prayers and told me that God is good. And lastly, after the procedure she came over to me and kissed my forehead when  I was told that everything went well and no evidence of cancer!

5. And because it deserves a line of it's own.. no evidence of cancer today!!!

6. How fast the procedure was and how I got home so early.

7. The look of relief and happiness on my husband's face.

8. The sound of relief and happiness in my mother's voice.

9. My comfortable lounge chair in my den. Perfect for post procedure napping.

10. My Grooveshark music site. I love that I can search for anything I want and have it in seconds. And I love my feel good music today!

3 comments:

Forsythia said...

Great post! Very encouraging, as our doctor cornered me during a visit a couple of weeks ago, and said that a colonoscopy was overdue. He also said it was up to me, but I made the apptmt and am, as usual, dreading the prep more than the procedure. He said the new prep is better than the old--we'll see. I've tried both the lemon flavored drink (a gallon-plus of vile-tasting stuff) and the pills. How misleading the ad for the pills were!! A doctor's office brochure showed a cheerful Dagwood Bumstead exclaiming, "You mean all I have to do is take a pill?" Well, yes and no, Dagwood. It's a horse-sized pill plus about ten more. Never again.

Maria said...

"And because it deserves a line of its own..." NO EVIDENCE OF CANCER
deserves to be all caps!!! The best news. God IS good...and you deserve some good news for a change. What a beautiful way to welcome spring & Easter & the upcoming Summer!! Enjoy every bit of it. Wishing you a glorious day with your family on Sunday.
Much love,
Maria

Lena said...

Thank you, Maria and Forsythia!

Forsythia, the prep I used
Miralax mixed in Gaterade and 4 small Dulcolax laxative tablets. It was very gentle and it was so much better than the other stuff they gave me in the past. I asked the doctor if I could have it this time and he said yes. You should check.