Followers

Friday, December 7, 2007

Favorite ornament

This is one of my favorite ornaments on my tree. It is a tatted lace star and it was made by one of my male high school students. You can't see how it glitters too well from the photo though. Every year I put it on the tree, even though it is a little big for the tree, but that is where I like it to hang.
I wonder what the student is doing now and if he is still making ornaments. We encouraged him to keep it up after he graduated. They are so beautiful and everyone loved them and bought them from him.
If I think of it, I may give him a call and see. I love to get updates on our alumni.

4 comments:

Mike said...

That’s a very pretty ornament. What a skillful young man. I'm not too familiar with tatted lace. Is it stiff or is it soft like string?

I hope you’re having a great day off today!

Mike

Lena said...

Yes, it is a stiff material. It has held up very well over the years.

Good day off, even an unexpected little snow storm that caused lots of traffic tie ups.

But we were home by then.

Lena

mosiacmind said...

that is so pretty. i have always thought that i would like to learn how to tat i think that is what you call it.

josie2shoes said...

Before my fingers had arthritis I used to crochet snowflake ornaments similar to this for friends and gifts. What a talented young man, and what a lovely keepsake!