Followers

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Cross Roads

I realized last night that I am really bored. I work, come home and basically hang out lately. I am getting very addicted to this computer so much so, that I haven't read a book in a while.
I recently finished grad school, and for two whole years that kept me so busy. I had tons to read and write and spent one weekend a month in class. I loved the topics that I studied as they were so mind stretching and I felt so much passion about what I was learning.
It is a surprise to me to find that I am actually missing school. I am feeling like I need something else to replace it, but not sure what direction to go in. I am looking at some on-line classes that sound interesting, and I may explore them more carefully.
If I look deeper into my heart and listen more carefully to that quiet voice inside of me, there is a call to start a program or business of my own. I am not sure what it would exactly look like or how to go about it, I only know that there are ideas floating around my head and I think about them every day.
If I am going to make some changes, then I need to start soon, because life is going by pretty darn fast. I know that most people my age are thinking about retirement. As for me, I want to start something now that will bring me satisfaction and purpose as I go into retirement.
Maybe it is time for me to be still and start listening closer to that voice that is telling me I can do it.

3 comments:

mosiacmind said...

I have been thinking that I want to start reading more again...I used to read at least one book a week. I have thought that I need to watch t.v. less...especially the kind where I just watch it because it is on. I also hope to start trying to learn how to knit again too.....

Patty said...

2008 is going to be a year of change for many of us.

I too, am using the coming year to re-tool so I might move closer to working my passion. Like yourself, I have not totally defined what my new career is going to be, but I am ready and listening to were I am to be heading. It is kind of exciting to me to be stepping out on faith without a clear path layed out. Being able to do so is a huge growth for me.

What is your passion? If you could do any job/service in the world what would it be?

And to Mosiacmind, I started knitting (again) a couple of years ago, and find it very relaxing and theraputic. If you are in the early learning stage and getting frustrated go to the knitting store and browse through the books that they have for teaching kids. I discovered this method when I was taking neuroanatomy and getting lost. I found a sixth grade level anatomy book and this supplement helped me to 4.0 the class.

lisamoon said...

yes, a year of change! i sense that for myself, too. although for me, it seems like every year is a year of change. and now i feel deep propulsion to move from my career as a teacher into something different and more personal. best to you on your journey. may you find the rest you seek. may your solitude amplify the voice encouraging you on! blessed be, lisamoon