Followers

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Snowy Sunday

While I have seen a few flakes a couple of times this winter, I have not seen the steady snow fall like we are experiencing right now! The precipitation is starting earlier than they predicted so it throws a wrench into the hope of a snow day off from school tomorrow. The forecast could be wrong and instead of turning into rain there could be messy conditions by the morning commute which would cancel school.
I never get my heart set on school closings. I always get things ready the night before and plan as if schools will be open. More times than I can count we have been convinced school would be closed only to wake up to a perfectly clear and dry day. Weather forecasters are wrong sometimes and conditions change on a dime around here. I have so many appointments tomorrow that a snow day would back me up so much so that I hope schools are open.
I saw my parents yesterday at the wedding so today we are staying home to decorate the tree and avoid traveling in this weather. It feels nice to have a snowy Sunday at home. I have a homemade chicken soup cooking on the stove, and a banana bread baking in the oven. Throw in some hot chocolate and Christmas Carol music and it sounds like a good day to me!

2 comments:

lisamoon said...

as a sistah teacher, i know that feeling of grave disappointment of not having a weatherman promised snow day. oh what a delight they can be. all we're getting in the pacific northwest where i live is rain that might turn to snow. have fun with the tree decorating! be well, lisamoon

Andrew said...

Oh, what a pleasant sounding day. You made me jealous, CJM-R! Hopefully, you will get all the beauty of a good snow without the mess the next morning. I would stay up all night watching for snow as a child only to have to go to school bereft of sleep the next day. I never did learn my lesson and would get so excited. Take care!