Followers

Monday, December 24, 2007

Peace on Earth

If as Herod, we fill our lives with things, and again with things; if we consider ourselves so unimportant that we must fill every moment of our lives with action, when will we have the time to make the long, slow journey across the desert as did the Magi? Or sit and watch the stars as did the shepherds? Or brood over the coming of a child as did Mary? For each one of us, there is a desert to travel. A star to discover. And a being within ourselves to bring to life.
-Author Unknown
From Simple Abundance
Sarah Ban Breathnach

5 comments:

Andrew said...

Thank you for this and I wish you a Merry, Merry Christmas. Thanks for being an online friend and for always commenting on my blog. You mean a lot to me and it is going to have you around the blogosphere!

Andrew said...

I meant to write good instead of going! LOL Sorry!

Cheryl said...

I always love coming here. I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas.

Mike said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful piece of writing. May you have a beautiful Christmas!

clairem said...

ma-gni-fi-cent...
thank you, thank you