Followers

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thursday musings

My weekend starts today! It is my husband's birthday on Saturday, and we always take our birthdays off (or the days close to), so no work tomorrow for either one of us! It is a way to keep our birthdays special and to have something to look forward to all week. We are not sure exactly what we will do yet, but it will be so nice to have a long weekend.
Tonight was our monthly "board meeting" or girls night out. One of my friends was having a Christmas Tree raffle so we went there to check out the trees and help support her center. People donate miniature Christmas trees decorated in a particular theme, and then the center raffles them off.
I am hoping to win the one that was decorated with little baseballs and baseball bats and Red Sox ornaments to give to my son. He would love that. I sure don't need any more decorations here!
After that I took my friend to Stew Leonard's as she had never been there. We selected food from the buffet and took it upstairs to the "hayloft" and had a nice dinner and conversation. We have known each other since middle school, so we go way back. Always good to connect with her as we knew each other when.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Happy Birthday, Hubby! That is a great idea to take extra time off around your birthdays. Birthdays tend to have less meaning the older we get and I intend to fight that as well. Each year is to be savored and celebrated. Hope you are going to have a grand time this weekend.

Jonathon Andrew