Followers

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Thursday ramblings

I took the day today to go shopping on my own and spend the gift cards that I received for Christmas. I had a nice afternoon browsing around Barnes and Noble bookstore. It always surprises me how expensive books are! When I walked into the store I was thinking I could get a bundle of books with my card and ended up with only 3 and a couple of other small items and ended up owing them money. It adds up so quickly.

I am excited about the books I picked out: The Tao of Daily Life, Everything I Need to Know I Learned from Other Women, and Inventing the Rest of our Lives;Women in Second Adulthood. It was funny because I had other books in mind when I walked in, but I will check out the library for those.

First I need to finish the book my son got me for Christmas, Eat, Pray, Love, before I can start the others. I am enjoying that book immensely! What great writing! I will write more about it when I finish it.

After the bookstore, I stopped for some lunch. As I was leaving the restaurant the receipt caught my eye. The cashier gave me the Senior Citizen discount. I am not a Sr. Citizen yet, but since I no longer dye my hair people take me for one. The last couple of times I went to Kohl's they asked me if I was a Sr. Citizen and the cashier last night said to me, " I know you don't look it, but are you?" I could tell she did not want to offend me, but also did not want to cheat me, just in case. Hard spot for her to be in. I didn't even know that Sr. Citizens get an automatic 15% off!

The cashier today didn't ask me, she just gave it to me, but I didn't even realize it. Maybe I should wear a button that says I am too young for a Sr. Discount.

I was out all after noon and when I came back I found out that my 80 year old aunt was rushed to the hospital with chest pains. They admitted her and will do more testing tomorrow. We were all together on Christmas Eve and she didn't feel well then, but did not say anything. She never wants to burden us with her problems and she does not have any children or a husband to help her out. I will take my mother to see her tomorrow and we will do our best to attend to her needs.

Good night!!

1 comment:

lisamoon said...

warm healing energy to your great aunt! may she find comfort and quick healing.

'eat, pray, love' is one of the most talked about books that i've ever heard of (aside from harry potter). i read it this fall and found accompanying elizabeth on her journey inspiring and motivating. while i'm not interested in italy, i'm very interested in indonesia and india. i may just have to follow in her footsteps and create my own. happy new year! warmly, lisamoon