Followers

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Step by step

Today was a great day. I was able to walk with out pain for some of the morning and not limp. Talk about little joys! I had a Feldenkrais class last night and she did some work on my leg, loosening it up. By the end of our session it had loosened up some, but it was still very painful. Come this morning I could tell the difference. She said it would take time, but I will take any amount of progress no matter how small!

Feldenkrais is amazing because the movement is so gentle and ever so slight. You do only what you can do without pain. You visualize your whole body working together while you are moving and you can feel where you are over working your body. It is important to become aware so that you can break the bad habits and learn not to work certain parts so hard.

I have never been very connected to my body, so this is a hard thing for me, and I didn't think I would stick with it. So far, I am liking it and learning so much.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I've never heard of that. Anything that can help you is a good thing. I'm so glad you had a great day today. I hope tomorrow is just as good!

Mike said...

I’m glad you had such a good day! I looked up Feldenkrais on Wikipedia, and it sounds like a really good method for pain reduction and gaining awareness of one’s body. I’m happy you found something that works for you. And thanks for sharing, I would have never known of it.
Take care,
Mike

mosiacmind said...

I think that I might check out if they have that type of classes here where I live. I am glad also that you had a good day.

Andrew said...

Glad the pain has lessened and so glad you are feeling better and that this is working. There is always hope I keep telling myself!

Jonathon Andrew