Followers

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Feldenkrais

Today was a good catch up day at work. I was able to get a handle on all my work which was piling up because I had to spend so much time on the keynote event. I am so glad that event is over and that it went off as well as it did.
I stayed an extra hour after work to finish cleaning up and organizing my office before I went to class. No sense going home and coming back in to town when my class was only up the street.
I have started taking Feldenkrais classes and today was my second one. I am hoping that the movement classes will help with my range of movement and even help me with some pain management. I know for the exercises to really benefit me, I will need to practice them at home. I plan to try to do some every day. Just after a half hour session today, I could tell that they made a difference in my range of movement. It is all about awareness of bad habits and learning not to make the body do so much work to move. The biggest thing I realized is how I tense up my body so much, and that will be the number one thing I aim to change.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I stay so tense as well. I went to physical therapy for months for my broken shoulder and arm and it really helping. They had me doing all kinds of range of motion exercises. Hope yours help and keep up the blogging!