Followers

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Over the hump day

I went to dinner last night with my two friends that I have known for over thirty years. I love being with them because we laugh so much. We always have a good time because we are all so comfortable with one another. It is like having two extra sisters.
We usually try to meet for dinner once a month and we have jokingly dubbed these dinners, board meetings. Seemed to be that one of us would naturally end up in the hot seat during dinner, sharing either a work or personal situation which would inadvertently become the recipient of the opinions and advice of the other two. But all in all it is good to have trusted friends who you can bounce ideas off of and know that they will be straight with you when your thinking isn't too clear.
With the holidays coming up there sure was plenty to talk about as we gear up to cooking and cleaning marathons and houses filled with relatives. It all always ends up being good, but there is a certain amount of stress and dread that goes into holiday preparations. As many times as I have put on Thanksgiving, it always seems like it is the first time and I get all stressed out about how it will turn out.
I went to my Feldenkrais class again tonight. I had to do one eye exercise that was really hard to do and she said it is because I have so much tightness in my eyes. I never knew that you could hold that kind of stress in your eyes! It got a little bit easier, but that is one exercise I will need to work on. The half hour went by quickly and I liked it better than doing it a full hour.
With Monday off, the work week is going by quickly. I have an appointment out of the building at noon time tomorrow and it will be good to get out of the office for awhile.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I have a client who often talks about her Chron's group. They recently went to China. I finally asked her how the group started. Was it a support group, that morphed into a friendship? No, turns out that all along it's been a group of friends, chronies. They're lucky. So are you.