Followers

Thursday, November 8, 2007

This & That

Thursday night and my favorite show, The Office. I just love it so much because it makes me laugh out loud and reminds me of so many situations of offices past and present. Sometimes Michael is over the top, but he isn't really one of my favorite characters anyways. I like the rest of the cast a lot more, Dwight, Angela, Kelly, Pam, Jim, Toby, Phyllis, they all crack me up. The show is back to its half hour format and I think that works best.
Surprised to hear that Rosie was in talks with MSNBC for her own talk show. I am disappointed that it did not pan out, yet it may be a blessing in disguise. The media would have twisted her every word and made her a target again. Her message would be lost.
I wish I had seen her and Roseanne at Lincoln Center. I thought about getting tickets and making the trek because I knew I would have tripled loved it, but I am so lazy about making plans to go out of state, especially on a work day. The write-ups were fantastic, so I regret not making the effort.
There was sure a nip in the air today. I didn't expect it to be so chilly and I didn't really dress for it. I was cold all day. Guess I have to give in to wearing the fall/winter clothes from now on.
Speaking of clothes... NEWSFLASH..... it is acceptable to wear white and cream color clothing after Labor day now!! As long as the fabrics are heavy for winter. It must be true because I heard it today on the Oprah show! Some fashion expert said that the "fashion law" of no white after Labor day started down south and it pertained to shoes, but as news traveled around all white and cream colors for shoes and clothes became frowned upon after labor day.
Fashion rules make me crazy! How important are they? Who really cares? They were going on making up new fashion rules on the show today, like sneakers should only be worn at the gym and not in public. I turned off the TV, I don't want to be told how to dress, what colors I can wear and that I can't wear my sneakers!!! Oprah is too much into beauty and fashion lately... I hardly watch her anymore.
A three day weekend is coming up... yippee!

2 comments:

Bill said...

We can wear white after Labor Day? I thought I sensed a subtle shift in the universe...

Andrew said...

I'm with Bill. The universe's core crumbled. Hooray for a three day weekend. I hope you enjoy it to the fullest.