Followers

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday at Stew's

Sunday at my parent's house once again. Both my sisters and brother in laws there and my aunt. My mom cooks her famous sauce every Sunday and we all gather there for lunch and touch base on the weekly goings on. It means a great deal to my parents who are now well into their 80's to have the company and also an opportunity for us to tend to chores that they are no longer able to do.
We aren't spending Thanksgiving together as my one sister and I spend Thanksgiving with our in-laws. Come to think of it though, every Sunday is like Thanksgiving in my family, so it all works out in the end.
After we took off from their house, I talked the husband into going to Stew Leonard's today to pick up the turkey. We like to buy them fresh, so we tend to wait to get one, and I was feeling like it was time to buy it so I could quit thinking about getting it. The store was packed, but the crowd moved quickly and they had plenty of registers opened for easy check-out.
If you don't have a Stew Leonard's near you, too bad. It is an amazing place with farm fresh vegetables and fruits and freshly made EVERYTHING. They have free samples of many of their baked goods, meats, cheeses, crackers, soups, you name it. So it is kind of fun to go around and try new things before you purchase them.
Today they were featuring free samples of sweet potato mousse, stuffing, cranberries, corn chowder, chicken pot pie to name a few.
They also have musical mechanical puppets for the kids hanging from the ceilings singing songs (once you press a button) about the products,which can be a tad annoying, but it does keep the kids occupied.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Stew Leonard's sounds like a excellent place to shop. my kind of place. your cornbread casserole sound yummy, think i try it soon.

Cheryl said...

Seems like we both ate our way through a favorite store!