Followers

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thanksgiving preparations

I am trying to start to get ready for Thanksgiving Dinner that will be at my house Thursday.
We are not having a big crowd, only 7 of us, and for that I am thankful! But it is still pretty much the same amount of work, because the house still needs to be spruced up and all that cooking. It is the dragging out of all the special serving dishes and china that is really the most work. But when all is said and done, it is worth every second.
The husband enjoys cooking so it is great that he will help and take care of his specialty recipes of pumpkin muffins and creamed onions, and what ever else he has in mind.
I am planning on doing the same Turkey Dinner side dishes as usual: green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, cornbread casserole, cranberry sauce, and stuffing. In-laws are bringing desserts.
I will post the Corn Bread Casserole recipe because he is so easy and quick to do and is a hit with everybody.
Corn Bread Casserole
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Grease 12 x9 glass dish
Put all the following ingredients into a large bowl:
1 large can of corn - do not drain
2 beaten eggs
1cup lite sour cream
1 stick melted butter
Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
Whip all ingredients together
Bake uncovered in a greased glass dish
The recipe says to bake for an 1 hour. I keep an eye on mine, it is usually done within 35-40 minutes tops.
I am so ready I wish I could start setting the table today! But that will have to wait. I am so thrilled that I am able to take Wednesday off. First time I have been able to and that will help with all the preparations so much! I have some comp time left from when I worked on a Saturday at the beginning of the month.
So I know all good hosts everywhere are busy this week-end, planning, shopping, cleaning, and cooking and most of all grateful for all the abundance in our lives.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I can't wait till Thursday. I'm glad that I'll be a guest and not a hostess. Your recipe sounds very good and easy. I'm not sure what kind of soup it calls for, though. Can you let me know?

Andrew said...

I've got to try that recipe! Thanks for sharing it. And a Happy Early Thanksgiving to you! Enjoy the holidays!