Followers

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Out out damn clutter

I slept in today and I haven't done that in so long... that is what Saturday mornings are meant for!
I didn't know where to start this weekend, since I am so behind on my cleaning. I had no plan to start with my closet, but lo and behold, before I knew it I was taking everything out of it and all my clothes are now all on top of my bed! I am just taking a quick break now, and I will return to organize my closet and get it all set with winter clothes. When it is done, I will be thrilled to have it all organized and then it will be a matter of time before I stop putting things away so carefully and everything is all mixed up again. I do that. I never seem to take the time to keep things neat and organized, then have to devote an entire day to getting things back in order.
My disorganization can get me down. I know I feel better emotionally and perform better when things are organized and neat, yet my nature is to be in a rush all the time and throw things all over until it gets on my nerves and I need to clean things up.
So I am once again trying to stop the clutter and I am trying not to let these feelings lead to despair. I get so overwhelmed sometimes with the clutter that I feel paralyzed. I start to clean and I don't know what to do with stuff. I am a pack rat at heart I guess, but now that we have been married for over 30 years we have accumulated so many things. We are both bad about letting our stuff go.
I have read that when you can rid your home of stuff you don't need, that the energy in the house opens up and you create a better living environment. I am all for that, and a true believer.
Today, I am working on throwing clothes out that I haven't worn in forever or fit into in forever.
I am going to also do the same with all the stuff in my room.
One room at a time, I am going to try change this pattern.

1 comment:

mosiacmind said...

hi...i found your blog via andrew's and wanted to say hi.i can relate to wanting to get my place organized. i also really enjoy reading quotes so glad i stopped by