Followers

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Saturday musings


We headed down to the shore today to visit an art museum. The husband was experimenting with taking panoramic shots and took this one of the mouth of the CT river before we went to the museum. I thought he did a nice job as he put 4 shots together to get this one photo.
Mundy Hepburn, nephew of Katherine Hepburn, was at the museum today displaying his glass sculptures. They were quite beautiful and delicate. He had huge glass ornaments hanging on the outside of the museum on display. I could not help but wonder how they will fare when we get strong winds or a blizzard.
It was a productive day, as we were able to get some big chores done around the house before we went out and I have all my Christmas cards addressed and ready to go!
Just a reminder about cards for wounded soldiers:
A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Ave. NW
Washington, D.C. 20307-004

3 comments:

Andrew said...

That panoramic shot is gorgeous! My camera is able to take them and your husband has inspired me to try. To bad the weather is horrible here because I now want a panorama of the sunset! Hope your holidays have been good, Lena!

Cheryl said...

You're pretty inspiring. I take so many pictures, and have never tried the panoramic feature. I think on my camera it's called stitching. I'll have to try it. Also, I love the idea of sending cards to soldiers. We used to do that with my Girl Scout troop. Do you know about anysoldier.com? I think I'll write about it on my blog.

Have a great night!

Aaron said...

Sounds like fun!