Followers

Friday, August 15, 2008

ER was a show I used to watch

I went for my massage yesterday as it was pouring rain outside and I was completely soaked when I got there. But not to worry, I was soon on the table as relaxed as could be. I came home later and found out that our house guest connected with his ride and would be on his way. I was excited to have my space back! Things were looking good.

I decided to make a nice homemade spaghetti sauce and we could have a quiet dinner. All was well. I was looking forward to the season finale of My Life on the D-List, when my phone rang. It was my older son who lives in an apartment not too far from us. He was feeling awful, so bad that he needed us to come over. We raced over there. My son is never sick and is not one to over react, so I was very worried.

I don't want to go into all of his medical, but when we got there we determined that he needed to go to the ER so off we went. I stayed with him for a couple of hours and left him in good hands with his girlfriend. We texted for the next few hours until he was released. He is following up with his own physician, so I am crossing my fingers that all will be well.

Today I spent the morning with my parents and the VNA and the home health care aide. I took three pages of notes. When I got there my dad had me move some hoses out of the garden and some other things, and then he tells me that he planned to hoe the garden sitting down. I know it is hard for him, but he promised to stay out of the garden! I didn't say a word because I knew the nurse was coming. When she came I told her about his plan for the day and she read him the riot act. He is only to sit and walk, no working in the garden in the hot sun and humidity! I hope he listens.

My husband called while I was there to tell me that he was at the ER again, this time with his own dad. Unbelievable. Expected more with the elderly, but a break would be nice.

I am home now and off to take a nap. This blogger is tired!

9 comments:

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

You've got a plateful! Don't forget to take care of yourself.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear of all this uproar in your life. I agree with Diane. Try to do some self-care.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thank you so much for your visit...!
The problems of us "elders" are deeply depressing to us elders, believe me....Life really gets very hard when one's health starts to go wonky...(And I don't really mean 'funny' wonky....)

So sorry to read that your son is having Health problems, too...I hope---whatever it is----is easily taken care of....

And I hope you have some truly relaxing time for YOU, this being your time off....!

Moohaa said...

Wow, sounds hectic. I sure hope your son starts feeling better. I'm glad he has you to turn to.

Cheryl said...

Thank goodness for that visiting nurse. Better for her to read the riot act than you.

I'm really sorry about all the problems going on with your family. Don't you wish you could have a massage every day?

jAMiE said...

I agree with the first commenter...don't forget to take care of yourself.

I hope everyone is doing better.

Sounds like you need another massage.

jAMiE said...

ps...glad your houseguest left so you can have your space back.

Forsythia said...

Wow, at least you got your massage before it all started to go ka-blooey. The other day an old friend was up here from Florida. I planned to meet her for lunch. Despite my telling Mom a million times to just let "Voicemail" answer the phone in the morning, she sprinted out of bed--at 99--and told my friend that I was "gone for the day." Not true! I was merely driving my grandson to day camp. (Sigh) Lunch would have been nice....

Lena said...

Forsythia,
That is too bad about the lunch. Those opportunities don't always come up so it is hard to miss out.

Hopefully she will visit you again soon... and maybe you can unplug the phone when you go out! :-)