Followers

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday night

My son turns 24 tomorrow. We usually have a big cookout over the weekend with all the family, but since my dad is in rehab, we all went to visit him and I brought my son's birthday cake there. We all sat outside on the patio and sang Happy Birthday and ate cake. It was a good afternoon.

Tomorrow starts my 2 weeks off from work. I have to pick up my dad in the morning and bring him home. I am wondering how the transition will go. They are recommending home care services and he already is saying he wants no part of them. So more talking him into stuff he doesn't want but needs.

There is so much I want to do these next 2 weeks that I don't know where to start. I guess just start with tomorrow and then take it one day at a time. I hope to get some personal stuff done, some house stuff, and time with the elders, and time with my son before he goes off to work at the heart camp. And time for our get a way next week!

2 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm glad your dad will be going home.

I have mixed feelings for your sake. I'm glad you have the time off to help your parents, but I wish your two weeks off were going to be more restorative for you. I hope you find refreshment even with the long To Do list.

Cheryl said...

Like Ruth, I wish this could be a real vacation, but I understand your priorities. You are a good daughter. You don't have an easy road ahead with your dad. It sounded like he was really enjoying rehab, and now, what will he do at home? Well, you might be surprised. Now that he's had a taste of a social life, it might not be that hard to convince him to get out more. You'll find out.