Followers

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Good morning

I woke up early today and could not fall back to sleep, so I got up around 4:45 A.M. and got to work. I cleaned my freezer, emptied the dishwasher, and cooked up a big breakfast, worthy of the weekend. Zucchini and wheat bran pancakes with turkey bacon! And on a work day, too! I told my husband it was his thank you breakfast for helping out with my dad on Sunday.

I am just feeling stressed, I can see the blemishes erupting on my face today and I am waking up way too early with a lot on my mind. This too shall pass.

Dad didn't feel well yesterday, so I hope he is better today. My son went up to see him and dad told him that he was going to work really hard at therapy so he could come home soon. My dad is a real homebody. I can count times he went off for a "vacation" on one hand, well I can only think of twice that he actually went away over night. He lived across the street from his parents until they passed away, so you can say that he never really left home.

At least we were able to find a rehab in his hometown, so in a small way he is home.

1 comment:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Wow, at least you did something productive with your stress.

Your dad sounds so sweet. I'm glad he's channeling his homesickness into motivation to work at therapy.