Followers

Saturday, August 2, 2008

It was my day with dad at the hospital today. He was in fairly good spirits and ate what I brought him, which is huge because he hasn't been eating. I spent a few hours with him and then stopped my mom's house on my way home.

We all have to figure out a discharge plan. Can we get the help we need to get him home, or will he need to go to a nursing home for rehab? Big questions. Of course he believes he is going home and will resume the activity level he was at before the crisis. He refuses to admit defeat ever. But in this case, for safety reasons he has to face the facts. This part won't be pleasant, and I can predict all of the drama that will come of it. But no need worrying about it now.

The husband had a good father/son weekend. Friday night he went with the oldest to a ball game, with the tickets he gave him for Father's day. Today he went with the youngest to the Newport Folk Festival. The weather was awful though and they got soaked and left much earlier than planned. That was OK with me though, because I was thrilled they got back early and I ordered pizza pies when they arrived home. So we all hung out and that is always fun.

One more week of work and then I am off for a couple of weeks! I am not sure exactly what I will do, but it will be just wonderful not to be at work!

Seems all the blogs are working just fine tonight, and that pleases me very much!




1 comment:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm glad your father ate something.

It's hard convincing them to do what's best, isn't it? My mother was very unhappy about going into to a home even though she had complained for years about never going out, never seeing anyone. When I saw her last week, she seemed much more alert because she is with people all the time now (even though some of them annoy her!).

I hope things work out for your dad.