Followers

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Heart and soul

It is so muggy here today, that it makes me long for fall!


I have been listening to music most of the day. I have played the American Prayer video a million times. I became inspired by the democratic convention and I think I may even volunteer some time to it. No matter what happens, it is an important and historical election, and I want to contribute in any small way that I can.

In general I love music. I am uplifted and moved by it, sometimes I play songs over and over again because I feel like I can't quite get enough and because I don't want the feelings to end when the song does. Over and over, sometimes if it is a new song, I want to learn every word and lick, even though I can't sing, or play an instrument. So I can't say I wasted the day, because music not a waste. It was feeding the heart and soul day.

Tomorrow we are taking my son back to college. It will be a quick visit up north and it is supposed to be a nice day, so the drive will be pleasant. He has been home most of the day packing and we have been all spending time talking politics, family, and everything in between. As usual, it is always a little bit sad when he leaves and we return to our empty nest, but we adjust pretty quickly.

So everyone have a happy and safe Labor Day weekend!

8 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm glad you were feeding your heart and soul. I'm not sure what I've been doing today. Putzing, I guess.

Have a good weekend too.

Moohaa said...

You have the same love for music that I do. I was just listening to a song yesterday that just threw me into a sense of joy and I listened to it probably 5 or 6 times in a row. I loved it!

Have a great weekend!

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

Music is a blessing I can't imagine life without.

Sona said...

That's interesting. I have been looking into joining my local Obama campaign, something I have never done in 20+ years of being a voter.

Mike said...

I love music too. I especially enjoy listening to it while I drive in the car.

I hope you had a great weekend!

Biddie said...

I have panic attacks and if it were not for my ipod, I would never get out of the house. I listento music when I am cooking too. It keeps me from crying because I have to be in the kitchen :)

jAMiE said...

Isn't it amazing how much affects us...touches us..lifts us or even saddens us from time to time.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

jAMiE said...

It's been so humid here today too...time for another weekend, i hope it's a great one for you!