Followers

Saturday, August 2, 2008

More of the same

I have been looking forward to today all week. Saturday. No work. No juggling work and visits to the hospital. It was a long week.

Dad ended up in the ICU with complications for one day, but by the afternoon he was back on the floor. He finally became oriented and began to act like his old self for the most part. Some minor confusion, but nothing like he was the day before.

He is still in the hospital and we are hoping to have him home by Monday. Everyday we get more information about issues that need to be addressed, so we are educating ourselves about new medical issues none of us have heard of. Thank goodness for the Internet.

We had some extended family drama that caused a bit of stress. I e-mailed some relatives and let them know dad's situation, which triggered calls to my mom. A cousin called when he was not doing well and she alarmed some other family members and before you know it word was going around that dad was much more critical than he was. This misinformed news went to other cousins who then got upset that we never called them.

So instead of getting support from some family members, we were also getting scolded by them. Long story, but after a tough week of juggling jobs, family, and the crisis with dad, it was not expected that we owed family apologies!

Lots of EGO in their need to know and anger over not getting personal calls, and I just let it all go, and encouraged my sisters to as well.

Blogger is not allowing me to get on some of my favorite blogs. I don't get it, as it has never happened before.

4 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm sorry they are taking out their fear and frustration on you. You did nothing to apologize for.

Blogger had some trouble this week. Also, Internet Explorer was having compatibility issues with any site that has Sitemeter as their counter. But I think everything has cleared up.

Forsythia said...

Pay "no-never-mind" to the relatives who got in a snit. You had enough to deal with this week.

Bill said...

The relatives should be supportive of you and the family, not adding to the stress. Some overinflated and self-centered egos at work, I suspect.

Sona said...

When my mother was ill we had a basic system. Dad called me and my brothers with information. We called specific relatives and they were expected to pass it along to their families.

Do that from now on. Make it clear that when you call Aunt Jo, she is to inform her husband, kids, her sisters and brothers with instructions to pass the info on to their spouces and kids.

That way you only have to make 1 call.

Oh, and another rule was no phone calls back from way down the line. Aunt Jo could call. That also cuts down on the stress.