Followers

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Over the hump day

Two days in a row of sleeping in. I am starting to relax and get into the groove of being off from work. Yesterday I had a leisurely lunch with my good friend. We were able to get an outside table, and since it was a beautiful day we just hung out for a long time. Later I went for a manicure. I am so bad with manicures. I ruined two nails just taking my hands out of the dryer. So she fixed them. I ruined another one when I was paying and made that one worse when I went to get my seat belt on. I always do that!

I had a funny dream last night that I was in the hospital and a nurse swore at me. I yelled back at her and told her I could get her fired and she fainted. Guess too much hospital on my mind, although every single nurse I met there who took care of dad was absolutely wonderful. Dreams are funny like that.


4 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm glad you're relaxing and that you had a good lunch.

You know, sometimes people in dreams represent different parts of ourselves. I wonder if your dream is about the internal conflicts you've been having with the situation. For instance, you were really frustrated the other day with having to leave your appointment early and then still not making it to the hospital on time. So that could be playing out by having a dream about two people in a hospital yelling at each other.

Just a thought.

Sona said...

Stress working itself out in dreams. Don't worry about it. So you needed to yell at someone - who doesn't?

Lena said...

I think you are both right. Stress plays out in dreams and I have held my tongue quite a bit in the past couple of weeks. I needed to yell.

I felt powerful in the dream, and that felt good!

Moohaa said...

I got a manicure yesterday. It's nice! I only do it a couple times a year and I'm feeling rather spoiled with my pretty nails. ;) Enjoy your time!