Followers

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Moving forward

My dad is doing extremely well. He looks better than he has in a couple of years. Rehab is doing him a world of good. He has followed all instructions to the tee and will be discharged on Monday morning. Although he will never admit it, it looks like he is enjoying the social life there. When he is home, he refuses to go anywhere and mostly sits on the couch watching television and goes out side to his garden. He waits for Sundays when the family all comes over, but it is a long week for him.

At rehab and he is walking up and down the halls chatting up a storm with all the other patients and appears to be really enjoying their company. He would benefit from going to adult day care, where he can socialize and give my mom a break a day or two a week. My best friend runs a program and they even have transportation to pick him up, but as with everything he is resistant. We will have to bring it up once again and find a way to make it appealing to him.

I am on vacation for the next couple of weeks and I will be able to help out with him at home and not have to worry about juggling work. What a relief!





1 comment:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Your dad sounds like my mom. Being in a nursing home (a permanent placement) has perked her up, but she'd never admit it.

I'm glad he's doing well.